Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Bootmanager LILO? aendern

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10

    Bootmanager LILO? aendern

    Ich habe mit knoppix-installer ein Debian aus Knoppix installiert. Alles supper! Beim booten kommt ein Bootmenu mit der Überschrift "Lilo 22.5.7.2 Boot Menu" um die boot Reihenfolge und das delay zu ändern habe ich lilo.conf editiert und danach als root lilo ausgeführt. Die Meldungen sind ok. Wenn ich wieder neu starte sind die Änderungen ohne Auswirkung.
    Was ist das Problem? Wie kann ich das Lilo n22.5.7.2 Bootmenü ändern.
    Danke!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    If you're willing to repost in English I'll try to help.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    16
    Something like:

    I installed a Debian with knoppix-installer out of Knoppix. All super! In that comes boot a Bootmenu with the heading "Lilo 22.5.7.2 boot Menu" around the boots sequence and to change the delay have I lilo. conf editer and after that as root lilo carried out. The messages are ok. If I are again newly would start the changes without effect. What is the problem? How I can change the Lilo n22.5.7.2 boat menu. Thanks!

    That's the best I can do with it. Does that make any sense?

    Chris

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    Quote Originally Posted by Static_C
    Does that make any sense?

    Chris
    I think so. thanks.

    If you want to change the menu edit /etc/lilo.conf as you did with your favorite editor. Save the file and then you need to run lilo.

    lilo -v

    It should not error. If it does then you need to re-edit the file. To get a prompt at the boot menu you need 2 things in lilo.conf

    prompt

    delay=100


    That gives you a delay of 10 seconds before boot.

    Now I would suggest installing grub as it reads its own configuration everytime and there is no need to 'run' anything. It's really quite easy to do also:

    apt-get instal grub
    grub-install /dev/hda
    update-grub

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    16
    Static_C wrote:
    Does that make any sense?

    Chris


    I think so. thanks.
    lol Doing my best.




    Loosly translates to (I think [I hope ]):

    Wenn Sie das Menü ändern wollen, redigieren Sie /etc/lilo.conf, als Sie mit Ihrem Lieblingsredakteur machten. Außer der Akte und dann Sie müssen lilo laufen.

    lilo -v

    Es soll nicht Fehler. Wenn es dann Sie macht, müssen redigiert die Akte der. betr. Um ein Anforderungszeichen am Stiefelmenü Sie zu erhalten, brauchen Sie 2 Dinge in lilo. conf

    prompt

    delay=100


    Das gibt Ihnen eine Verspätung von 10 Sekunden vor Stiefel.

    Jetzt würde ich vorschlagen, daß das Installieren von grub, während es seine eigene Konfiguration jederzeit liest, und, daß es gibt kein '' irgendetwas laufen muß. Es ist wirklich ziemlich leicht, auch zu machen:

    apt-get instal grub
    grub-install /dev/hda
    update-grub


    Vergeben Sie mein armes Deutsch. Ich bin ein Amerikaner. lol

    Ich benutze Lilo nicht. Ich benutze dies: http://gag.sourceforge.net/ Es ist ein sehr nettes Programm.

    Chris

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10
    I would like first to thank Stati_C for his help to translate my question. This was realy nice!! .
    Thanks to mizilikazi for his help. I'am going to try this out this afternoon. My susspision was that the the knoppix-installer had already installed grub, this I use on my other computer.
    Manny thanks
    unno

  7. #7
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10
    Sorry I tried out what you suggested, again no change of the start menu. For more info: I use the WindowsXP botmrg in the MBR and the linux LILO?? in the Linux Partition. So I would like delay=0. Also only Linnux should be booted by Lilo; I know how to do this with Lilo. As my linunx boot template remains allway the same, could it be that grub has been installe by knoppix-installer? Where do I find the grub installation file? and what is it's name. Or exists there another lio configuration file?
    Thanks for advice!
    unno

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    you can use XP/NT/win2k... bootloader to start Linux. just write LILO to a floppy, make a "image" of the floppy-mbr put that image as a lable in C:\ BOOT.INI, mine looks like this.
    [boot loader]
    timeout=2
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOW S
    [operating systems]
    C:\linux.ipl="LINUX"
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect
    a quick guide with a few more details.

    1) make lilo write to floppy, have this line in lilo.conf:
    Code:
    boot=/dev/fd0
    2) make a image of the floppy-mbr:
    Code:
    dd if=/dev/fd0 of=/dev/fd0/linux.ipl bs=512 count=1
    3) put a copy of linux.ipl in C:\ (from the floppy)

    4) Modifiy c:\boot.ini -- add a line with:
    Code:
    c:\linux.ipl="Linux"
    repeat 2) and 3) every time you run LILO.

    Microsoft ntldr now believes you hae yet another windows installed. happy booting

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    10
    Thank you very much OErjan!
    I implemented you propsal and now everything works fine.
    Good support! [/quote]

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    i use that on girlfriends computer. the mbr is guarded by her antivir. so if i install lilo there it goes wild. easyer that way...
    happy it worked for you aswell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Reinstall lilo to hda, using hda lilo.conf and knoppix live
    By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
  2. Where is Lilo?
    By Kowood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 08:36 PM
  3. Bootmanager for Win98 (hda1) Knoppix(hda8) WinXP(hda10)
    By hellfred in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2004, 05:09 PM
  4. LILO
    By emartinson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2004, 04:22 AM
  5. Fix lilo
    By peeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 07:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly

$18.95



Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested picture

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested

$149.99



Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ picture

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Rare FOR PARTS OR REPAIR READ

$270.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari picture

Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari

$129.99



atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply picture

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply

$109.65



Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR** picture

Atari 800XL 8-bit Home Computer Video Game System - **UNTESTED PARTS OR REPAIR**

$89.99



Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U picture

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U

$159.99



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29