Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on a Asus P4PE

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5

    SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on a Asus P4PE

    Does anyone have this setup? Knoppix v3.3 recognizes a sound card but it lists it as intel for some reason. Maybe its an intel, what do I know- but I get no sound nevertheless.


    Also I had to manually install a driver (got it from broadcom website) for my NIC in order to make it work, will it be included in the next version of Knoppix? Its a Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated.

    Another thing, I only get 75 hz with default display driver, if i install the one on nvidia's site will i get 85hz like in windows?

    00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL [Brookdale-G] Chipset Host Bridge (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80b2
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82845G/GL [Brookdale-G] Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, fast devsel, latency 64
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
    Memory behind bridge: d6000000-d7efffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: d7f00000-dfffffff

    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #1) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 4
    I/O ports at d800 [size=32]

    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #2) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 9
    I/O ports at d400 [size=32]

    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB (Hub #3) (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 5
    I/O ports at d000 [size=32]

    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB USB2 (rev 02) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 11
    Memory at d5800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=1K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corp. 82801BA/CA/DB/EB PCI Bridge (rev 82) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=32
    I/O behind bridge: 0000b000-0000bfff
    Memory behind bridge: d4000000-d57fffff

    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801DB LPC Interface Controller (rev 02)
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0

    00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801DB Ultra ATA Storage Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 5
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at <unassigned>
    I/O ports at f000 [size=16]
    Memory at 20000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]

    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBM SMBus Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 8089
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 10
    I/O ports at e800 [size=32]

    00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80b0
    Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 10
    I/O ports at a800 [size=256]
    I/O ports at a400 [size=64]
    Memory at d3800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
    Memory at d3000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV28 [GeForce4 Ti 4200 AGP 8x] (rev a1) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
    Subsystem: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.: Unknown device 8943
    Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 4
    Memory at d6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
    Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
    Expansion ROM at d7fe0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    02:04.0 RAID bus controller: Promise Technology, Inc. PDC20376 (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. A7V8X motherboard
    Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 96, IRQ 11
    I/O ports at b800 [size=64]
    I/O ports at b400 [size=16]
    I/O ports at b000 [size=128]
    Memory at d5000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Memory at d4800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

    02:05.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4401 100Base-T (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc. A7V8X motherboard
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
    Memory at d4000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    80
    Hei

    I have the p4pe and sound works to a certain extent for me.. i.e optical/coax output does not work, I have to use the direct cable outputs and only then do I get stereo, not surround..

    regards

Similar Threads

  1. ASUS integrated sound chip recognized but no sound
    By saxguy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
  2. Sound Card Problems - SoundMax Cadenza (Intel 810)
    By innerspace in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 08:15 PM
  3. Asus A7M266-D and CM8738 Audio Problem and Fix
    By bfree in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-30-2003, 08:40 PM
  4. Asus P4PE Broadcom 4401
    By gpsmith2 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 01:10 AM
  5. nForce Integrated Audio and 6 channel sound
    By blubu in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2003, 12:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99