Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Something wrong with my init?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611

    Something wrong with my init?

    I was just tinkering on some files in /etc/skel...

    My remaster was booting fine previously. I compared my runcontrol folders with a working CD and they're the same. BUT, knoppix-autoconfig is not running. I boot and it goes straight to runlevel 5, but without the autoconfig init script, nothing is configured and nothing works.

    Can I just

    cd /etc/rcS.d (in my chroot)
    ln -s ../init.d/knoppix-autoconfig S01knoppix-autoconfig

    to link knoppix-autoconfig to rcS.d runlevel? It's either that or rcS.d is being skipped over completely, which I doubt.


    I do have a S00knoppix-autoconfig in /etc/rcS.d and it points to itself?

    when I do a more on it, I see descriptions of what color text should be for different parts of the autoconfig script, but its not the auto-config script....


    Why do random unrelated things break everytime I remaster?? grrrr

    First it was kmenu and kicker but I fixed them, the it was cloop.o but I fixed that, then it was modules.conf and I fixed that, now its init.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    33
    Try install rcconf and active knoppix-autoconfig by chroot,are you edited knoppix-autoconfig?verify permissions..

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    re-linking it into rcS.d seems to have done the trick. Even though there's already another link in there, it's not pointing to the script.

    Probably has something to do with my rc.d's being crowded with junk, removing said junk, and replacing with a tarball of my previous rc.d's (prior to apt-get upgrade -t unstable).

Similar Threads

  1. OK~ what am i doing wrong..
    By mikejn1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
  3. Don't see what I am doing wrong
    By Jera in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 07:53 AM
  4. init.d?????
    By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2003, 02:47 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99