-
Senior Member
registered user
Something wrong with my init?
I was just tinkering on some files in /etc/skel...
My remaster was booting fine previously. I compared my runcontrol folders with a working CD and they're the same. BUT, knoppix-autoconfig is not running. I boot and it goes straight to runlevel 5, but without the autoconfig init script, nothing is configured and nothing works.
Can I just
cd /etc/rcS.d (in my chroot)
ln -s ../init.d/knoppix-autoconfig S01knoppix-autoconfig
to link knoppix-autoconfig to rcS.d runlevel? It's either that or rcS.d is being skipped over completely, which I doubt.
I do have a S00knoppix-autoconfig in /etc/rcS.d and it points to itself?
when I do a more on it, I see descriptions of what color text should be for different parts of the autoconfig script, but its not the auto-config script....
Why do random unrelated things break everytime I remaster?? grrrr
First it was kmenu and kicker but I fixed them, the it was cloop.o but I fixed that, then it was modules.conf and I fixed that, now its init.
-
Try install rcconf and active knoppix-autoconfig by chroot,are you edited knoppix-autoconfig?verify permissions..
-
Senior Member
registered user
re-linking it into rcS.d seems to have done the trick. Even though there's already another link in there, it's not pointing to the script.
Probably has something to do with my rc.d's being crowded with junk, removing said junk, and replacing with a tarball of my previous rc.d's (prior to apt-get upgrade -t unstable).
Similar Threads
-
By mikejn1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
-
By ManiOne in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-11-2004, 11:36 AM
-
By Jera in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 07:53 AM
-
By Rggoalie3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 02:47 AM
-
By berdy in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 06:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 FE+ 12.4" Wi‑Fi 128GB 8GB RAM Tablet Silver
$255.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung T7 Portable SSD (MU-PC2T0T) 2TB Gray USB-C
$252.00

NEW SEALED — Samsung 870 EVO Series 2TB SATA 2.5" Internal SSD MZ-77E2T0B/AM 😍
$335.00