you have checked the *.ISO with md5sum and done the testcd when you get the boot:? if not, do so. something is weird with the files. OR you have no usbsupport in kernel.
Ok I've tried pretty much everything. I have a usb-cdrom hooked up and it kicks me to that basic shell because it can't find the root filesystem at boot. SO I made a partition at /dev/hda2 which is fat32 and 850 megs (should be big enough to load the disc into!!)
I'm ONLY using knoppix to install gentoo from, as a launchpad. It's a long story involving my overheating laptop and using the right kernels, don't ask :P
When I boot with "fb1024x768 dma tohd=/dev/hda2" it gives the SAME error in not being able to find the file system, and kicks me to the basic shell. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance![]()
you have checked the *.ISO with md5sum and done the testcd when you get the boot:? if not, do so. something is weird with the files. OR you have no usbsupport in kernel.

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90
FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$391.59
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.98
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99