you have checked the *.ISO with md5sum and done the testcd when you get the boot:? if not, do so. something is weird with the files. OR you have no usbsupport in kernel.
Ok I've tried pretty much everything. I have a usb-cdrom hooked up and it kicks me to that basic shell because it can't find the root filesystem at boot. SO I made a partition at /dev/hda2 which is fat32 and 850 megs (should be big enough to load the disc into!!)
I'm ONLY using knoppix to install gentoo from, as a launchpad. It's a long story involving my overheating laptop and using the right kernels, don't ask :P
When I boot with "fb1024x768 dma tohd=/dev/hda2" it gives the SAME error in not being able to find the file system, and kicks me to the basic shell. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance![]()
you have checked the *.ISO with md5sum and done the testcd when you get the boot:? if not, do so. something is weird with the files. OR you have no usbsupport in kernel.

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz
$380.00
SK Hynix 256GB (4x64GB) DDR4 3200MHz PC4-25600 ECC RDIMM 288-Pin Workstation RAM
$1950.00