Anyone know anything about installing knoppix on a modded xbox?
Is it possible?
Anyone know anything about installing knoppix on a modded xbox?
Is it possible?
I know virtually nothing about this topic, but I have read that you can get the Dynebolic CD to run off of a modded Xbox.
http://www.dynebolic.org/
modded or not, linux runs happily on Xbox. The right place is xbox-linux.sf.net
Dynabolic, Xebian, GentooX are the distributions that catered for Xbox. Of course for the die hard debian like me, I do it with 'debootstrap'.
Very cool. I didn't know you could do this w/o modding your xbox. It's also pretty cool that you can install Freevo from Xebian. If it's not too hard to add extra hard drive space to your Xbox, then this might be a cool project...expecially if I can find a cheap Xbox. I hear they will be removing their hard drive in the Xbox release.Originally Posted by garyng
I use Freevo on Xbox to watch DVD(don't have the remote) and adding HD is not too difficult. There are people change it to 120GB ones but one needs a PC to prepare the HD. I opt for using samba client and use the disk space on my other PC(running XP and colinux).
Xbox is pretty cheap now, can be as low as 100US on ebay. It is a pretty capable machine for this kind of thing. Just a TV out card can cost you that kind of money.

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
1986-88 Antic Atari / Analog Computing Magazines Computer vtg LOT Collection 80s
$45.49
Packard Bell ISA Sound Card AD1845XP Analog Devices SoundPort DOS Win95 Untested
$25.46
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00