I know virtually nothing about this topic, but I have read that you can get the Dynebolic CD to run off of a modded Xbox.
http://www.dynebolic.org/
Anyone know anything about installing knoppix on a modded xbox?
Is it possible?
I know virtually nothing about this topic, but I have read that you can get the Dynebolic CD to run off of a modded Xbox.
http://www.dynebolic.org/
modded or not, linux runs happily on Xbox. The right place is xbox-linux.sf.net
Dynabolic, Xebian, GentooX are the distributions that catered for Xbox. Of course for the die hard debian like me, I do it with 'debootstrap'.
Very cool. I didn't know you could do this w/o modding your xbox. It's also pretty cool that you can install Freevo from Xebian. If it's not too hard to add extra hard drive space to your Xbox, then this might be a cool project...expecially if I can find a cheap Xbox. I hear they will be removing their hard drive in the Xbox release.Originally Posted by garyng
I use Freevo on Xbox to watch DVD(don't have the remote) and adding HD is not too difficult. There are people change it to 120GB ones but one needs a PC to prepare the HD. I opt for using samba client and use the disk space on my other PC(running XP and colinux).
Xbox is pretty cheap now, can be as low as 100US on ebay. It is a pretty capable machine for this kind of thing. Just a TV out card can cost you that kind of money.

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00
$400.00
Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92
IBM 2076-724 4x Xeon Bronze 3106 256GB RAM 2x 01YM338 No HDD Controller Node
$2999.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99