Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Windows problems after trying Knoppix CD

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    1

    Windows problems after trying Knoppix CD

    Hi, I borrowed a Knoppix-STD disk from a friend, put it in my CD drive, and rebooted the computer. At this point I had not changed my boot up to CD. The computer began to boot, went thru the POST, then rebooted again and again and again...I took the CD out and it still does the same thing. I can't boot into safe mode either, just a bunch of junk scrolls down the screen. I switched to the CD boot and Knoppix loads. Obviously I'm a newbie and have never messed with Knoppix so I don't know if it's working right, but the Windows boot is hosed, just a continuous reboot. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    ou are joking? right? never heard of it. hmmm, knoppix only acesses hd readonly, nothing is stored there, you must have had bad luck.
    anyway what version of win do you have? do you have the cd?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: Windows problems after trying Knoppix CD

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Adder
    Hi, I borrowed a Knoppix-STD disk from a friend, put it in my CD drive, and rebooted the computer. At this point I had not changed my boot up to CD. The computer began to boot, went thru the POST, then rebooted again and again and again...I took the CD out and it still does the same thing. I can't boot into safe mode either, just a bunch of junk scrolls down the screen. I switched to the CD boot and Knoppix loads. Obviously I'm a newbie and have never messed with Knoppix so I don't know if it's working right, but the Windows boot is hosed, just a continuous reboot. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.
    Do this:

    Remove the power cord from the back of the computer.

    Hold the power button for a good 5-10 seconds.

    Plug the power cable back in and boot the computer.

    Some time ago there were some Dells were noted to not be able to boot into windows after running Knoppix. It was a very strange problem, but eventually folks came upon a fix. Give it a try and report back.

Similar Threads

  1. Windows Problems after Exiting Knoppix
    By jacksonon in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 11:57 PM
  2. PROBLEMS WITH KNOPPIX_V3.4 AND WINDOWS INSTALLATION
    By jmario in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 08:56 PM
  3. Windows deco and QT problems
    By ZeroKun in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 02:20 PM
  4. How to install WINDOWS 2000 besides LINUX and WINDOWS 98
    By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
  5. Networking problems with Windows
    By Peterobe in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 08:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



MSI GF63 Thin 11SC-693 15.6

MSI GF63 Thin 11SC-693 15.6" 256GB SSD, Intel Core i5 11th Gen., 8GB Windows 11

$550.00



Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro picture

Dell OptiPlex 5090 SFF PC w/ i7-10700 2.9GHz CPU 2TB HDD 8GB DDR4 RAM Win 10 Pro

$209.95



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread AM4 Desktop Processor - Tested & Working picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread AM4 Desktop Processor - Tested & Working

$155.00



Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor

$27.99



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D Desktop CPU Processor 3.0GHz, 8-Core, 16-Thread, AM4 Socket picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D Desktop CPU Processor 3.0GHz, 8-Core, 16-Thread, AM4 Socket

$270.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor 3.8GHz

$165.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D Desktop CPU Processor 3.0GHz, 8-Core, 16-Thread, AM4 Socket picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D Desktop CPU Processor 3.0GHz, 8-Core, 16-Thread, AM4 Socket

$280.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.80GHz 8 Core 100-000000263 16 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.80GHz 8 Core 100-000000263 16 Thread AM4

$149.99



Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core i5-1135G7@2.40GHz Laptop picture

Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop

$220.36