jusr rightklick on desktop icon and choose readwrite or remount it manually in a konsoel.
Code:sudo su mount -o remount,rw /mnt/hdXY /mnt/hdXY
Hi. Ok, I wanted to set up a small FAT32 logical partition to share files b/n Windows and Linux. Is FAT32 the way to go? And how do I make it write enabled for Knoppix?
Thanks!
Chris
jusr rightklick on desktop icon and choose readwrite or remount it manually in a konsoel.
Code:sudo su mount -o remount,rw /mnt/hdXY /mnt/hdXY
Ok, thanks! I'll try it now.![]()
I installed Knoppix to my laptop that already had Windows ME... yea i know it's pretty pathetic, but better now with Knoppix. Anyways, when I got it installed I didn't have write access to my windows partition, naturally, the first thing i did was try to get it right.
Goto the etc folder and edit fstab with root permisions
Find the line that discusses your new partion (hda1, hda3...)
now find where it says "NOAUTO" and replace that with "rw"
last just restart and it should work fine... I'll put and example below just in case
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat NOAUTO,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat rw,users,exec,umask=000 0 0
Hope that helps you out.

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD Server 2x E5-2680 V4 = 28 Cores H730 64GB RAM 4x 1TB SAS
$1071.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99