Not sure what install method you're using but it doesn't sound like you're using the installer.
sudo knoppix-installer
If it gives you problems post back eh?
Hey there guys, i'm just wondering if you could help me install Knoppix version 3.3 onto my hard drive, I have made 2 new partitions and only one of them show up on Knoppix when I boot from CD, the other is just a LinuxSWAP partition. Anyways i've got to this part: Creating a Linux Swap partition (at least 256MB) the next thing I need to do is mount the linux partition as root, yet I don't know how to do that... if you could help I would be very greatfull.
Also I have a few instructions to follow but seems that I am a to i don't actually know how i could go about doing these.
Here are the instructions >_<
'Mounting' the Linux partition as root
Initialising the swap partition
Copying all the required files (automatically)
Setting up networking
Setting passwords
Setting up the bootloader (Note: take care with this stage - it could render your system incapable of booting into Windows. If you really need Windows, then it might be a good idea to set up GRUB Bootloader with a 'chainloader' entry, so that you can dual boot. Working this out is an exercise left to the reader - there are too many possible scenarios for me to cover in this short guide. Also see man grub and the files in /usr/share/doc/grub)
I also done what it said in the readme file which was:
yet when i get to the next step which is setting up fstab according to the disk it doesn't have it on >_< any ideas? also when i reboot my system it doesn't come up with the os choice menu.... I would also like to ask if anybody knows how to setup AOL on knoppix cos i'm thinking about moving to linux because i think windblows xp is getting pretty s*** now... and i'm getting bored of it and all the viruses that it gets. I hope you could all help meCode:cp -a /KNOPPIX/* /mnt/knoppix![]()
Thanks
-- Paul
Not sure what install method you're using but it doesn't sound like you're using the installer.
sudo knoppix-installer
If it gives you problems post back eh?
mzilikazi,
I have it installed now, once I figured out how to do it. What I done was went to Root Console, typed in knx-install which ran the knx-install script .. then once I wrote the tables to the partition i closed knx-install and it came up saying "Do you want to use Linux Swap Partition" so I said yeah... then gave me a list of other options to install... so then I went to sleep whilst it installed then when i woke up it had finished the install and gave me options to set a pwd for root, I then rebooted my system lilo came up booted up knoppix and it now works like a dream, yet i'm having problems connecting to the internet as my modem drivers can't be found... also my sound doesn't work..
Modem: Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem
Sound: Avance AC'97 Audio
I wonder if you could try and help me find the drivers for those... if so i'll be really greatfull...
Thanks
-- Paul![]()

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible
$39.00
Samsung 870 EVO 500GB SATA 2.5in Internal SSD Solid State Drive
$100.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem
$152.99
Samsung T7 Portable SSD 1TB Titan Gray USB-C USB 3.2 1050MB/s Password
$165.00
Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2
$89.00
Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW
$30.89
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
SAMSUNG CD-RW DRIVE MODEL SW-224 AMAZING CONDITION+ORIGINAL BOX NEVER USED
$30.00
Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US
$51.77
Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11" 128GB - Wi-Fi - Gray - Brand new
$235.59