well i guess since im not getting any help im just gonna have to format my HD and lose all of my precious data...
![]()
ok here is my problem, i somehow hosed my winXP pro installation by simultaneous SP1 and driver updates. thanks Bill G!! anyway i am trying to boot knoppix and recover my data from my NTFS RAID 0 array (just 1 big 320 GB partition) before i have to reformat and reinstall. i managed to get the network adapter (built in) running with the command su followed by modprobe sk98lin and then netcardconfig. this works until i access the wrong page, then my computer instantly locks with no chance of recovery. so, i am avoiding unnecessary web surfing. but now i need to get my raid array online (no HD access). i downloaded the driver and source from http://www.antgel.co.uk/compsci/linu...ise_raid.shtml but i cant get the .o file to work and i cant compile the source (it says it needs files in /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi, which doesnt exist). can anyone help? thanks
here's my lspci -v per hardware forum instructions:
00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3188 (rev
01)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80a3
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 8
Memory at f0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device b188
(prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 0000a000-0000afff
Memory behind bridge: fcd00000-fd2fffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: cff00000-efefffff
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:07.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host
Controller (rev 80) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 808a
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
Memory at fda00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
I/O ports at cc00 [size=128]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:08.0 RAID bus controller: Promise Technology, Inc.: Unknown device
3373 (rev 02)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80f5
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 96, IRQ 18
I/O ports at b000 [size=64]
I/O ports at ec00 [size=16]
I/O ports at dc00 [size=128]
Memory at fdc00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Memory at fdb00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Galileo Technology Ltd.: Unknown device
4320 (rev 13)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 811a
Flags: bus master, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 17
Memory at fde00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
I/O ports at b400 [size=256]
Expansion ROM at fdd00000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:0f.0 RAID bus controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device
3149 (rev 80)
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80ed
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 20
I/O ports at e800 [size=8]
I/O ports at e400 [size=4]
I/O ports at e000 [size=8]
I/O ports at d800 [size=4]
I/O ports at d400 [size=16]
I/O ports at d000 [size=256]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:0f.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc.
VT82C586A/B/VT82C686/A/B/VT8233/A/C/VT8235 PIPC Bus Master IDE (rev 06) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP
PriP])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80ed
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 20
I/O ports at fc00 [size=16]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:10.0 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 81) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80ed
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
I/O ports at b800 [size=32]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:10.1 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 81) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80ed
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
I/O ports at c000 [size=32]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:10.2 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 81) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80ed
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
I/O ports at c400 [size=32]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:10.3 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB (rev 81) (prog-if 00
[UHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80ed
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
I/O ports at c800 [size=32]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:10.4 USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. USB 2.0 (rev 86)
(prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80ed
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 21
Memory at fdf00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:11.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3227
Subsystem: Asustek Computer, Inc.: Unknown device 80ed
Flags: bus master, stepping, medium devsel, latency 0
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
Flags: fast devsel
Capabilities: <available only to root>
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
Flags: fast devsel
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
Flags: fast devsel
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge
Flags: fast devsel
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R350
[Radeon 9800] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 0002
Flags: bus master, stepping, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 16
Memory at e0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
I/O ports at a000 [size=256]
Memory at fd200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
Expansion ROM at fd100000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon R350 [Radeon
9800] (Secondary)
Subsystem: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 0003
Flags: bus master, stepping, 66Mhz, medium devsel, latency 64
Memory at d8000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=128M]
Memory at fd000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
well i guess since im not getting any help im just gonna have to format my HD and lose all of my precious data...
![]()

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
HGST HUS726060AL5210 0F22791 6TB 7.2K 3.5" SAS HDD Enterprise Storage Drive
$78.99
Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$145.00
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Western Digital WD2003FYYS-05T9B0 2TB 7.2K SATA 3.5'' Enterprise Hard Drive
$30.76
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00