-
USB network doggle...Another Knoppix success!!
I recently inherited an old Dell Inspiron 7500 from work because it was "dead"....read that as wouldn't install WinXP.
After a trip to Best Buy to replace the stripped out ram with a 256 stick [they nic'd the HDD too
] & pick up a network connection because it's not included. I picked up a Linksys USB200M USB 2.0 to 10/100 ethernet network doggle. First I tried it with Mepis [my latest fav] but it wouldn't detect... so I pulled out my trusty Knoppix disk!
Well, I had success! for a matter of fact I'm typing RIGHT NOW from my newly restored laptop. Knoppix really isn't that bad on a 500MHz system...provided you got the ram.
Koppix...Gotta Love It!!!
Similar Threads
-
By grant_vallance in forum Networking
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-24-2007, 02:17 AM
-
By mabhatter in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-08-2005, 10:38 PM
-
By mlap in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 35
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 09:21 AM
-
By MaldiGola in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:37 PM
-
By dvessey in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$32.99