-
Junior Member
registered user
hmm....
thats what I thought too. but I always get an 'unexpected end of file' error when trying to gunzip the initrd file.
i messed around with grub on the command line for a bit, and when I do
Code:
root (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.24-openmosix-1
boot
I get the VFS error.
but, when I do:
Code:
root (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.24-openmosix-1
initrd (hd0,1)/boot/initrd-2.2.24
boot
I now get a RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0 error instead.
I wonder if it isn't something to do with the fact that this is a laptop, maybe the autodetect stuff works fine from the CD, but when moved to an HD install, it's broken.. so it thinks that I've got something thats a SCSI device, but it's not?
I'm going to try the 3.4 release of Knoppix, and see if that changes things, and if not, then a 3.3 release of Knoppix. maybe it's the clusterKnoppix distro that's a little funky.
At least I'm halfway enjoying this experience.
-sarge
Similar Threads
-
By jkwash in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 12:18 PM
-
By gadgerama in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
-
By sala94 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By ocean in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$255.98

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99