-
Junior Member
registered user
hmm....
thats what I thought too. but I always get an 'unexpected end of file' error when trying to gunzip the initrd file.
i messed around with grub on the command line for a bit, and when I do
Code:
root (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.24-openmosix-1
boot
I get the VFS error.
but, when I do:
Code:
root (hd0,1)
kernel (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.24-openmosix-1
initrd (hd0,1)/boot/initrd-2.2.24
boot
I now get a RAMDISK: compressed image found at block 0 error instead.
I wonder if it isn't something to do with the fact that this is a laptop, maybe the autodetect stuff works fine from the CD, but when moved to an HD install, it's broken.. so it thinks that I've got something thats a SCSI device, but it's not?
I'm going to try the 3.4 release of Knoppix, and see if that changes things, and if not, then a 3.3 release of Knoppix. maybe it's the clusterKnoppix distro that's a little funky.
At least I'm halfway enjoying this experience.
-sarge
Similar Threads
-
By jkwash in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-21-2005, 12:18 PM
-
By gadgerama in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
-
By sala94 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By ocean in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Microsoft Green-Eyed Mouse 1983 First Gen Bus connector Tested - Video
$350.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Corel Draw 3 Vintage Big Box Version Brand New Sealed CD-ROM Vintage Software
$49.00

Lot 8 Vintage CPUs Cyrix 6x86MX AMD K6-2 500 Am486 Intel Pentium 90 P4
$129.99

10 Pounds Vintage Ceramic CPU Processor/ic chips Gold Recovery Computers Scrap
$1999.99

Vintage 1983 Napco Pro-410 Programmer Tester Chips for Alarm Security
$24.99

Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System
$1499.99

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00