Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Network unreachable knoppix 3.3

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2

    Network unreachable knoppix 3.3

    I've just installed Knoppix and ran a hdinstall shortly afterwards.. and it seems that both booting with the cd and after hdinstall the network doesn't work.


    I tried to telnet to my dns server (well, any IP for that case) and it shows network unreachable.

    I used the PPPoE configuration tool and it seemed to have connected without a hitch (pppstatus shows it is connected) since I have a dynamic IP I tried to poff and then re-establish the connection and pppstatus clearly shows the IP has changed, which is correct.

    I have no problems telneting into my ADSL modem (non-router) and this is the only computer in the house so there is no other networking.

    I have also tried to ping the DNS server and all the packets are dropped(network unreachable?) and tested the connection by rm -rf /etc/resolv.conf and touch /etc/resolv.conf. The DNS servers are correctly inserted after a connection is established.

    I've ran through many posts in this forum and it seems that no one really has a solution for this problem... is there hope?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2
    Silly me, I set the LAN gateway as my internet gateway. Deleted the default gateway and manually set the ISP gateway and everything works fine now.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
  5. eepro100.o e100.o network module (intel network cards)
    By david in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$1090.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.00



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99