use make.
sadly it wont work anyway, as you canot install it to the cd, ok, there are ways but...
I am new to linux and want to see if I can get my HPNA network running in Knoppix before I install a perminant distro. I download Linksys beta drivers that are supposed to work with my card (they are both PCI and use the same chipset). The installation instructions say to use gmake to install. But Knoppix doesn't have gmake! What should I do?
use make.
sadly it wont work anyway, as you canot install it to the cd, ok, there are ways but...
Use the iL_hybrid drivers and use make. Then insmod il.o. You may have to use the -f tag to force it to use it. Then type netcardconfig, and say yes to dhcp. It should work now.
You don't have to do a hard-drive install to use the HPNA with knoppix. But you need somewhere to save the il.o file so you can use it later, unless you want to compile it every time.
Knoppix works very well with HPNA.
Thanks much.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
SK Hynix 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4-2400 ECC RDIMM Server RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-UH Tested
$235.00
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00