use make.
sadly it wont work anyway, as you canot install it to the cd, ok, there are ways but...
I am new to linux and want to see if I can get my HPNA network running in Knoppix before I install a perminant distro. I download Linksys beta drivers that are supposed to work with my card (they are both PCI and use the same chipset). The installation instructions say to use gmake to install. But Knoppix doesn't have gmake! What should I do?
use make.
sadly it wont work anyway, as you canot install it to the cd, ok, there are ways but...
Use the iL_hybrid drivers and use make. Then insmod il.o. You may have to use the -f tag to force it to use it. Then type netcardconfig, and say yes to dhcp. It should work now.
You don't have to do a hard-drive install to use the HPNA with knoppix. But you need somewhere to save the il.o file so you can use it later, unless you want to compile it every time.
Knoppix works very well with HPNA.
Thanks much.

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
LOT OF 15 Samsung 8GB DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM 1Rx8 M393A1K43DB1-CVFBY 120GB
$529.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79