-
Senior Member
registered user
How to remaster 3.4 w/ no boot.img?
I found this on the mailing list so I thought I'd put itin here. Surely someone will be looking for it.
On Sat, Apr 03, 2004 at 05:24:19PM +0200, Martin Herweg wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I tried to remaster knoppix 3.4 (CeBit)
> with the instructions from LinuxMagazin 03/04
>
> the last step fails, because on the CD there is no
> boot.img anymore:
>
> mkisofs -J -T -v -r -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -o
> knoppix_custom.iso KNOPPIX_CD
>
>
> which options , which filename do I need instead of
> boot.img ?
-no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat
Regards
-Klaus Knopper
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's in the newest remastering guide here and also in the custom kernel guide- cebit and the new 3.4 use isolinux instead of syslinux, so the booting is no longer done with floppy emulation.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
arkaine23
It's in the newest remastering guide here and also in the custom kernel guide-
Thanks I did not know that. I don't rely too much on documentation remaining here as it is always getting haked up by someone. For example, here's what you get when you click the Docs link:
I
L O V E
Y O U
C A R A
A L W A Y S & F O R E V E R!
Yeah that's helpful.........you can't even get to the custom kernel howto.
I guess that means that Knoppix really IS mainstream if the silly little script kiddies have nothing better to do that write junior high love notes in the wiki.
Similar Threads
-
By acer0001 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
-
By sl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 04:37 PM
-
By sl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 10:58 PM
-
By ChivalricRonin in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:54 PM
-
By brock in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-30-2003, 03:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99