-
Senior Member
registered user
My knoppix 3.3 hd install had resolutions/refresh rates that my monitor just really didn't care for that wouldn't budge when applying the changes in video section of kcontrol. And being female, I could hear the very high pitch of a slightly unhappy monitor before anything was overdriven too long. I felt it was something to do with the ddc probings since I had to modify myXF86Config-4 and literally commented out modelines I felt was not safe long term. It is a newer monitor and it probably would have given me an outofrange if it was set too high but I don't want to overdrive it marginally, either. Oddly, I had no trouble with kanotix and haven't had to edit the modelines or anything other than set a refresh rate I was comfortable with and had a good resulting geometry. Newer version of xfree, maybe?
Similar Threads
-
By Rashedul in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-22-2005, 02:33 AM
-
By gopikrish in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 12:31 AM
-
By Action-Man in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 01:30 PM
-
By egbill3eagle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 03:15 AM
-
By dragonx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-28-2003, 07:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$70.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99