do you have a desktopicon called dvd or cdrom1? if so rightklick it and choose mount (after you have incerted the needed cd)
I have a DVD drive, not totatly sure which make, but I was wondering how do I open it? I've got some files on a CD I would like to open.
do you have a desktopicon called dvd or cdrom1? if so rightklick it and choose mount (after you have incerted the needed cd)
Well I do and I rick click the CD-ROM[cdrom] and there is no mount, there is like play audio cd or DVD\VCD player but no mount, now this CD was burnt on XP by copying files into it and then burning them, and when I try to open it it says file:/mnt/cdrom can not be found, but yet, There is no mount option
the cd and dvd drives are on a automounter. As with playing them just right click the drive and click play audio or dvd. It doesn't need to be mounted to do that. If you want to access files on it though. just wait knoppix will mount it soon.
That is the links in the icon(s) set incorrectly just delete it and recreate a new one by right clicking on the desktop and choosing create new.Originally Posted by Prons
Well I got it to work earlier.
So I unmount it, and switch the burnt cd with an actuall bought CD (Ya know a music cd) and it says I can not mount it beause of bad super blocks or I hve to much mounted stuff, what do I do?
I see you cannot really mount an audio cd there is no real file system on it, but if you have kdemultimedia-kio-plugins package installed then you can use audiocd:/ in the location bar of Konqueror to browse it.Originally Posted by Prons
Dare I ask where to find this plugin and how to install it?Originally Posted by Stephen
The Debian archives it is a part of KDE so apt-get -s install kdemultimedia-kio-plugins remove the -s from the line if the output of the simulation looks good. To see if you already have it installed:Originally Posted by Prons
Code:>$ apt-cache policy kdemultimedia-kio-plugins kdemultimedia-kio-plugins: Installed: 4:3.2.2-1 Candidate: 4:3.2.2-1 Version Table: *** 4:3.2.2-1 0 600 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages 100 /var/lib/dpkg/status 4:3.1.5-1 0 990 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
knoppix comes with audio plugin on it. and if you read my above post the cd is on automount. thats why there is no option to mount it.

Vintage Intel DX4 100MHz 486 Motherboard SBC CPU Board ALi Chipset Retro PC
$119.99
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00
Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition
$199.99
Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00
Vintage 3.5” Floppy Disk Storage Cases With Key 127 Rainbow Colored Disks
$59.99
Vintage HP DVD +r/+rw Writer DVD300i New Record At 4X
$74.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
DEC Alpha CPU 290A 21064-CA 166 21-35023-14 166Mhz rare vintage CPU GOLD
$109.95
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88