Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: DVD Drive?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    18

    DVD Drive?

    I have a DVD drive, not totatly sure which make, but I was wondering how do I open it? I've got some files on a CD I would like to open.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    do you have a desktopicon called dvd or cdrom1? if so rightklick it and choose mount (after you have incerted the needed cd)

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    18
    Well I do and I rick click the CD-ROM[cdrom] and there is no mount, there is like play audio cd or DVD\VCD player but no mount, now this CD was burnt on XP by copying files into it and then burning them, and when I try to open it it says file:/mnt/cdrom can not be found, but yet, There is no mount option

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    the cd and dvd drives are on a automounter. As with playing them just right click the drive and click play audio or dvd. It doesn't need to be mounted to do that. If you want to access files on it though. just wait knoppix will mount it soon.

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Prons
    Well I do and I rick click the CD-ROM[cdrom] and there is no mount, there is like play audio cd or DVD\VCD player but no mount, now this CD was burnt on XP by copying files into it and then burning them, and when I try to open it it says file:/mnt/cdrom can not be found, but yet, There is no mount option
    That is the links in the icon(s) set incorrectly just delete it and recreate a new one by right clicking on the desktop and choosing create new.

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    18
    Well I got it to work earlier.


    So I unmount it, and switch the burnt cd with an actuall bought CD (Ya know a music cd) and it says I can not mount it beause of bad super blocks or I hve to much mounted stuff, what do I do?

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Prons
    Well I got it to work earlier.


    So I unmount it, and switch the burnt cd with an actuall bought CD (Ya know a music cd) and it says I can not mount it beause of bad super blocks or I hve to much mounted stuff, what do I do?
    I see you cannot really mount an audio cd there is no real file system on it, but if you have kdemultimedia-kio-plugins package installed then you can use audiocd:/ in the location bar of Konqueror to browse it.

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    Quote Originally Posted by Prons
    Well I got it to work earlier.


    So I unmount it, and switch the burnt cd with an actuall bought CD (Ya know a music cd) and it says I can not mount it beause of bad super blocks or I hve to much mounted stuff, what do I do?
    I see you cannot really mount an audio cd there is no real file system on it, but if you have kdemultimedia-kio-plugins package installed then you can use audiocd:/ in the location bar of Konqueror to browse it.
    Dare I ask where to find this plugin and how to install it?

  9. #9
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Prons

    Dare I ask where to find this plugin and how to install it?
    The Debian archives it is a part of KDE so apt-get -s install kdemultimedia-kio-plugins remove the -s from the line if the output of the simulation looks good. To see if you already have it installed:

    Code:
    >$ apt-cache policy kdemultimedia-kio-plugins
    kdemultimedia-kio-plugins:
      Installed: 4:3.2.2-1
      Candidate: 4:3.2.2-1
      Version Table:
     *** 4:3.2.2-1 0
            600 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
            100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
         4:3.1.5-1 0
            990 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    knoppix comes with audio plugin on it. and if you read my above post the cd is on automount. thats why there is no option to mount it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Permanent home onto Sandisk USB flash drive ruined drive
    By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
  2. How to copy an NTFS drive to another NTFS drive
    By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
  3. Hard Drive Salvage from corrupted Windows XP NTFS drive
    By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
  4. Replace default cd home drive with persistant home drive ???
    By ktheking in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 09:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Used Yealink SIP-T46U IP Phones - Black - Bundle of 3 picture

Used Yealink SIP-T46U IP Phones - Black - Bundle of 3

$69.99



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked) picture

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)

$18.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95