Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: burn baby burn!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2

    burn baby burn!

    newbie noob alert!

    i know im being thick, im just downloading v3.3, once it has finished i want to burn to disk using a single line comand in a terminal.

    i did this some time ago, but have forgot how to, tried to read manual on cdrecord but it made no sence to me!

    can anyone help
    cheers

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Ok tup34, you got me interested, considering I never looked at the man pages for cdrecord, I prefer to use the k3b GUI interface myself...

    And...

    Your right, it is very confusing for someone "not in the know" of Linux's "tinkering"

    From what I have seen, and heard, first step is to find out the "dev=" part, and that is done, as it says in the man pages, by using "cdrecord -scanbus" - below is what that command gave me as output...

    Code:
    cuddles@Polaris:~$ cdrecord -scanbus
    Cdrecord-Clone 2.01a25 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2004 Jörg Schilling
    NOTE: this version of cdrecord is an inofficial (modified) release of cdrecord
          and thus may have bugs that are not present in the original version.
          Please send bug reports and support requests to <[email protected]>.
          The original author should not be bothered with problems of this version.
    
    Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
    Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
    scsibus0:
            0,0,0     0) 'SONY    ' 'DVD-ROM DDU1611 ' 'GYS1' Removable CD-ROM
            0,1,0     1) 'OPTORITE' 'CD-RW CW5201    ' '160E' Removable CD-ROM
            0,2,0     2) *
            0,3,0     3) *
            0,4,0     4) *
            0,5,0     5) *
            0,6,0     6) *
            0,7,0     7) *
    scsibus1:
            1,0,0   100) 'SanDisk ' 'ImageMate II    ' '1.30' Removable Disk
            1,1,0   101) *
            1,2,0   102) *
            1,3,0   103) *
            1,4,0   104) *
            1,5,0   105) *
            1,6,0   106) *
            1,7,0   107) *
    cuddles@Polaris:~$
    From this output, my CD-RW is at 0.1.0 - so my dev= would be "dev=0.1.0" - thats as far as I can figure out... Not sure, looking through the manual, how you provide a "image" file to cdrecord, but I would guess, you will want to include the command line switch for DAO - or Disk At Once - so, the best I can come up with is...

    cdrecord -scanbus -=- to get the "dev" for your CD-RW device,

    and then

    cdrecord -dev=[scanbus output of device found in above command] ...

    thats as much as I can help, I'm going back to k3b - its way easier [giggle]
    Cuddles

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2
    cheers mate, job done

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    I "actually" helped

    WHOA...

    I am a "true" teckie, I DON'T READ MANUALS [giggle]

    If I can't figure out how to do something w/o the manual, it is way too difficult to do in the first place

    I wish I'd a done that with my current situation, and apt-get - sheesh - will I never learn

    Glad to see you got it going...
    Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. burn cds?
    By keeris in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 09:53 PM
  2. Is there a way to burn a CD?
    By Exthero in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 10:09 PM
  3. Can't burn with K3B...please Help!
    By Wishmaster in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:36 AM
  4. Too Big to Burn...
    By medwards67 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-14-2003, 03:50 PM
  5. Help To Burn CD
    By frankino in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-06-2003, 06:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD  🚚 picture

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH

$225.00



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



LOT OF 3 Cisco UCS B200 M4 Blade Server Modules w/ 2x Xeon, No Ram, No HDD, Read picture

LOT OF 3 Cisco UCS B200 M4 Blade Server Modules w/ 2x Xeon, No Ram, No HDD, Read

$129.95



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH

$225.00