View Poll Results: Should I just "turn-tail" and go back to Win98?
- Voters
- 5. You may not vote on this poll
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, Well, nishtya, long time no see
compiled any new kernels lately
( I know, I know, that was a "below the belt" shot, sorry )
Anyway, your "heavy hitter" was getting lmsensors running, mine is a constant battle with keeping what I have running... Currently, its this durn thumbnail viewer for Konq, sheesh, something SO simple ends up to be such a pain in the rump - why? Did "I" ask for this?????
I just live between one screw-up to the next, and "hope" to survive it... I guess its the "price" I have to pay for having such a "stable" Operating System?
I can't imagine going back to M$, and its plagued OS's, but with all the "ongoing" hell I end up going through, everytime I think, yeah, I'll just add this neat "feature", I get my whole OS screwed up... It takes its toll on a newbie girl - even when I think I can do this, I know how to do this, you just "apt-get" it, it ends up blowing up in my face... and I spend another weekend, and possibly the following week, sitting in here, hoping to get an answer to fix my problems, again.
So, I'm going to be "resident" here for awhile, until I get this resolved, now... Amazing how much time I have spent, waiting for an answer, when I do something "completely" nit-witty like adding a simple viewer to Konq. -=- sheesh.
Websters Dictionary Defination of a newbie with a clue, but with not enough information, should have my lil ol name after it...
Oh well, the waiting game...
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By snaproll in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 08:32 PM
-
By ANDREW03 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:22 AM
-
By twoflatfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00