Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles

Not quite sure, but that looks like a "apt-get going to hell" in one fell-swoop... Am I correct in assuming that "after" I enter "Y" to the prompt, everything in heck is going to go everywhere, and nothing is going to go out on me after this????

Give me some confidence here, can I trust entering "Y" here, and be able to still have a working system after it "might" complete on me????

Thanks for everything guys,
Cuddles
That looks like it is going to install KDE 3.2 have you upgraded to that version yet? If not then you will end up with a lot of packages still at the 3.1.5 and you would have to upgrade them for it to work properly. All those X packages that will be installed will be about the same as the last time you tried most likely a couple of force-overwrites and maybe a apt-get -f install thrown in for good measure. Can you put this in your /etc/apt/apt.conf and show me the output of the apt-get -s install xlibs-static-pic command.

Code:
APT::Get::Show-Versions "true";