View Poll Results: Should I just "turn-tail" and go back to Win98?
- Voters
- 5. You may not vote on this poll
-
Senior Member
registered user
Sorry for not being clear. Keep in mind that I'm no guru, and what I'm about to say is certainly up for debate/correction. 
First, your installation of Knoppix and my installation of Knoppix (OK, Kanotix for me now, but close enough) should be just about the same. I'm not getting all those errors from "make" about missing stuff -- which means, I think, that something else is going on -- the issue is not that you're missing stuff.
Second, your system is doing what I did when I tried to use "apt-get" to install the KDE games -- it's not installing a version of xlibs-static-pic that matches your current system; it's going out, grabbing the very latest version, and then going about upgrading the rest of your system to match. If the issue truly is that you're missing stuff, then you might consider going to Debian's package site and downloading packages that match your existing system.
So what I'm saying is, don't do that apt-get command. Instead, try running (as root) the command "/sbin/ldconfig" (which is supposed to tell the linker where the shared libraries already on your system live). Then run your "make" command again.
And if that doesn't work, start from scratch.
Similar Threads
-
By snaproll in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 08:32 PM
-
By ANDREW03 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:22 AM
-
By twoflatfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99