View Poll Results: Should I just "turn-tail" and go back to Win98?
- Voters
- 5. You may not vote on this poll
-
Senior Member
registered user
As I said in my email Eco2Geek...
Email recv'ed, untar'ed, installed, and
O M G 
IT WORKS 
I openned my clip art CDROM, went to a folder containing WMF images, and was EXTREMELY EXCITED to see all the icons change to what there image contents are. I "hovered" over many of them to see that Konq showed me the "larger" view of the image, so, I got it working 
Thank you to both Stephen, and a very exuberant THANK YOU to Eco2Geek for sending me his pre-compiled source objects -=- I am so happy now, I can put this baby to bed now, (cuddles is doing the happy dance, again, around the room (yippie!).
Now, I guess, the biggest question, where do I go from here? I think the process of getting this whole thing going has cost me some broken pipes ( I am getting an error from KBackup about not having afio ( I think thats the program ), and a broken pipe, when ever I do a backup )
Should I (god forbid) think of a apt-get upgrade? Or should I do a dist-something? The KBackup still runs, it still backs up data, but it does report an error, and just continues. If my system is so far behind in updates, what should I do? Consider I am running on a 56K dial-up line here, but I can "take-over" the phone line overnight, if needed for an upgrade ( I've done it before )
Would a upgrade, or this dist-something, correct for broken pipes that I already have, or possibly just leave them alone, and possibly just create more pipe breakage?
Thanks again, both of you, for everything...
(possibly the biggest reason I keep trying with Knoppix, even through all the problems, is because of the "fantastic" support I get here
)
A very happy,
Cuddles
yaaaaaaaaaaa, i've got thumbnail viewing of WMF images now ( YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA)
Similar Threads
-
By snaproll in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 08:32 PM
-
By ANDREW03 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:22 AM
-
By twoflatfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage 64MB EDO Laptop RAM Lot 144-Pin LGS Hyundai HB56UW264D8-6L 60ns
$19.49

Vintage Computer Devices Teleterm 1030 APL ASCII Printing Terminal (73)
$1749.99

Vintage Computer Manuals and Disks - Windows 3.1, Epson, Quicken, and more
$101.99

Vintage Microsoft Home Mouse 9-Pin Serial Port (Open-Box)
$46.96

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72