View Poll Results: Should I just "turn-tail" and go back to Win98?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    0 0%
  • NO

    3 60.00%
  • Aww, three gut 'n' reinstalls aren't bad, keep going for number four !

    2 40.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: wmfthumbnail issues (cont) apt-get install blow-ups

  1. #21
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    Fingers99,

    Yeah, I knew Gimp would read them, thats what I was using to "see" them before with, I just wanted to do this in a "quick view" idea.

    With Gimp, I had to locate a "cryptic" file name for the image, load it, and find out what it looked like, if it wasn't what I wanted, unload it, and load the next one, etc... Real hard to do when you are looking at over a thousand WMF image files, and no clue what they look like, or for that matter, are an image of...

    With the thumbnail viewer, I can go into Konq and "see" all the images in one window, examine what they are, and decide which ones I want, without having to load them first, one at a time.

    But, thanks, as well, having more avenues, and options, is always a good thing

    Cuddles

  2. #22
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR USA
    Posts
    568
    Yay! Thank goodness. Sorry it had to be such an ordeal.

    You can drop those WMF graphics right into your OpenOffice.org docs (in the Writer, Insert | Graphics | From File...) without having to convert them to another format first.

    I was thinking about backing up my home dir, along with any stray docs, then restoring to Knoppix 3.4, once it comes out. (Then again, I'm having so much fun with Kanotix that I haven't run Windows in 3 days, so I may stick with it.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Monitor settings blow away during boot-up
    By snaproll in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 08:32 PM
  2. CAN'T COMPLETE HD INSTALL, SERIOUS ISSUES!!!
    By ANDREW03 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 06:10 PM
  3. Hard drive install - issues
    By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
  4. apt-get install kaffeine (issues)
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-31-2004, 06:22 AM
  5. HD install, network connectivity and su issues
    By twoflatfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox

$620.00



Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays

$599.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99