Yes, Cuddles, you see what I mean...very interesting stuff this is! I wonder if anyone has ever done a survey of what items cause the majority of problems in Knoppix as far as hardware. I see video cards, sound cards and winmodems being right up there. I guess they dont make an INTERNAL modem that is not a WINmodem. So a list of things NOT TO USE and a list of things TO USE would be good. Just so people have an idea what to get. I am planning on building a machine exclusivley for KNOPPIX pretty soon. I just want to avoid the problems that can be prevented. Now I see clearly why the installation instructions for Linux say to identify all your hardware!!!!! As far as winmodems, I am hoping I wont EVER have to use a modem again anyway! I have a cable internet and Knoppix works great on it. Modems are painfully too slow to even consider using. Except if that all you have. I think it would be cool if people here compiled a list of hardware that will work running Knoppix and a list, like you said of things to avoid. Unfortunatly mostly everything, hardware and software is geared towards Micro$oft. I also wonder if any of the REAL hardcore techies and nerds have thought of COMPLETELY REDESIGNING the whole concept of the PC for running Linux! Am I going to extremes? It is just very interesting to me. Just like most TV programs are based on the California lifestyle, most PC's are based on running Windows. Where are those computer engineers who like LINUX???? How about an OVERHAUL on the PC?![]()

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99
HP ProLiant BL660C Gen8 Server Blade 2x Xeon E5-4650L 2.60Ghz w/ 32GB DDR3, QTY
$189.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5ββ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99