Fingers,
This an install of DamnSmallLinux, a scaled down version of Knoppix.
Glenn,
Where else might 'dmesg' be? It's not in /proc and 'locate' comes up empty.
Rob
Just a thought:
is this:
a knoppix install
a debian install
or a
knx-hdinstall?
Fingers,
This an install of DamnSmallLinux, a scaled down version of Knoppix.
Glenn,
Where else might 'dmesg' be? It's not in /proc and 'locate' comes up empty.
Rob
sorry buddy, I'm a newb at linux, I'm using Knoppix 3.3.
I think it may be a debugging message, hence "dmesg" . The only thing I can think of (being a newb) is that you may have missed the pipe (|) characture or that your os is different. CHEERS. ps. spaces must be in the right places and linux is caps sensitive

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95
LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00
Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
Lot of 15 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets for Parts
$338.63
LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95