Fingers,
This an install of DamnSmallLinux, a scaled down version of Knoppix.
Glenn,
Where else might 'dmesg' be? It's not in /proc and 'locate' comes up empty.
Rob
Just a thought:
is this:
a knoppix install
a debian install
or a
knx-hdinstall?
Fingers,
This an install of DamnSmallLinux, a scaled down version of Knoppix.
Glenn,
Where else might 'dmesg' be? It's not in /proc and 'locate' comes up empty.
Rob
sorry buddy, I'm a newb at linux, I'm using Knoppix 3.3.
I think it may be a debugging message, hence "dmesg" . The only thing I can think of (being a newb) is that you may have missed the pipe (|) characture or that your os is different. CHEERS. ps. spaces must be in the right places and linux is caps sensitive

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM
$300.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99
OWC Mercury Elite-AL Pro Qx2 4-Bay RAID Enclosure + SATA 1394 -USB 2.0 (8TB)
$180.00
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00