-
3.3 doesn't boot on Dell Inspiron 8500
I made a Knoppix 3.3 boot CD using Roxio (specifying 'Make boot disk' and pointing to the Knoppix .iso file). I changed the boot order to put the CD drive first. When I try to boot Knoppix, there are a few CD drive accesses, then the drive stops running. The screen remains black. Any suggestions? Is there a way to check the checksum under Windows? Thanks...
-
I know it will work on a Dell 8500, I've used it on my friend's laptop and it worked fine. Although we did have problems with a full screed display. There is a tool for checking the .md5 file in windows: http://www.toast442.org/gl/public_ht...20828141406760 Use that to check your sums. One other thing, you shouldn't burn it as a boot disk, you should just burn as an image. I don't use Roxio but I know it can do image files. Check under the Docs tab, I'm sure there's a how-to under there somewhere.
'Goon
-
Thanks! It worked fine when I burned it as a disk image.
Similar Threads
-
By vampyre in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 05:41 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 02:08 PM
-
By RandomGoon in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:34 PM
-
By rbrown3rd in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 03:55 PM
-
By robmc5 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Lot of 4 IBM 52Y4089 POWER7 CPU Processor Modules Server CPUs
$49.99