what is your boot.ini looks like ?
I installed knoppix 3.3 (the latest) in the hdd. I didn't want to touch win xp, so I used grub, using the c:\boot\stage1 method in boot.ini The problem is that it didn't work, nothing changes on the screen after I select "grub" from the list and then an error appears saying it couldn't find hal.dll (but if I select windows everything works). I can't use lilo because my laptop doesn't have a floppy and I could find no other way to keep the windows boot intact. My menu.lst is:
My disk has 4 partitions, all primary, by this order: Windows (28Gb, NTFS), data (to transfer files to and from linux) (15Mb, FAT), SWAP (517Mb, swap), Linux (9GB, ext3)Code:timeout 3 default 1 fallback 0 title Windows unhide (hd0,0) rootonverify (hd0,0) chainloader +1 title Linux root (hd0,3) kernel (hd0,3)/boot/vmlinuz initrd (hd0,3)/boot/initrd.gz
what is your boot.ini looks like ?
I don't know if this explains your problem, but you've got "rootnoverify" mis-spelled...
my boot.ini is:
about the rootnoverify, it was my mistake, the file is correctCode:[boot loader] timeout=3 default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS [operating systems] multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect c:\boot\grub\stage1="Grub"
I gave up and installed GAG. everything is perfect now. Well, almost everything. Now I wanted to autoconfigure lilo to always select linux or remove it. how can I do that?

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
$153.99
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Complete Office VoIP System: Grandstream UCM6208 IP PBX + (14) GRP2614 Wi-Fi IP
$800.00
MagicJack Plus K1103 VoIP USB Phone Adapter AC Power Adapter Open Box
$21.23
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Polycom VVX 501 Desktop VoIP Phone HD Voice PoE 2200-48500-025 Black Silver
$39.99