-
Network unreachable knoppix 3.3
I've just installed Knoppix and ran a hdinstall shortly afterwards.. and it seems that both booting with the cd and after hdinstall the network doesn't work.
I tried to telnet to my dns server (well, any IP for that case) and it shows network unreachable.
I used the PPPoE configuration tool and it seemed to have connected without a hitch (pppstatus shows it is connected) since I have a dynamic IP I tried to poff and then re-establish the connection and pppstatus clearly shows the IP has changed, which is correct.
I have no problems telneting into my ADSL modem (non-router) and this is the only computer in the house so there is no other networking.
I have also tried to ping the DNS server and all the packets are dropped(network unreachable?) and tested the connection by rm -rf /etc/resolv.conf and touch /etc/resolv.conf. The DNS servers are correctly inserted after a connection is established.
I've ran through many posts in this forum and it seems that no one really has a solution for this problem... is there hope?
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By Nextus in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 03:49 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C3650-12X48UQ-L 48 Port UPOE 4x 10G SFP+ Switch
$175.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco N540-28Z4C-SYS-A NCS 540 28x 1/10GE,4x 100GE w/ AC Power
$9500.00

Cisco C8200L-1N-4T 4 Port Gigabit Edge Router W/ P-LTEAP18-GL Module
$995.00

Cisco N9K-C93180YC-FX3 Switch
$4249.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00