The problem and my solution
Since Knoppix 3.3 Nov 19 version, I cannot use any of my printers (HP Photosmart 1215 and Epson C82). Live or HDD install on 3 different computers.
I have searched various forums on the net but no luck. YMMV. There may be better ways to solve the problem but this worked for me.
After my install to hard drive I ran
apt-get update
apt-get install foomatic-db-gimp-print
apt-get install cupsys-driver-gimpprint
configured using http://localhost:631
BTW, I like to use the icons on the print manager. Edit
/etc/kde3/kdeprintrc and change
ViewToolBar=true

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Silver 128GB SSD 4gb RAM
$97.97
HP Envy X360 15t-w100 Core [email protected] 8GB 256GB SSD Win11Hm Nvidia GeForce
$170.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Lenovo ThinkStation P520 Intel Xeon W-2245 8-Core 3.90GHz - NO RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$359.98