The problem and my solution
Since Knoppix 3.3 Nov 19 version, I cannot use any of my printers (HP Photosmart 1215 and Epson C82). Live or HDD install on 3 different computers.
I have searched various forums on the net but no luck. YMMV. There may be better ways to solve the problem but this worked for me.
After my install to hard drive I ran
apt-get update
apt-get install foomatic-db-gimp-print
apt-get install cupsys-driver-gimpprint
configured using http://localhost:631
BTW, I like to use the icons on the print manager. Edit
/etc/kde3/kdeprintrc and change
ViewToolBar=true

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99