-
dual boot propblem with grub
I installed knoppix 3.3 (the latest) in the hdd. I didn't want to touch win xp, so I used grub, using the c:\boot\stage1 method in boot.ini The problem is that it didn't work, nothing changes on the screen after I select "grub" from the list and then an error appears saying it couldn't find hal.dll (but if I select windows everything works). I can't use lilo because my laptop doesn't have a floppy and I could find no other way to keep the windows boot intact. My menu.lst is:
Code:
timeout 3
default 1
fallback 0
title Windows
unhide (hd0,0)
rootonverify (hd0,0)
chainloader +1
title Linux
root (hd0,3)
kernel (hd0,3)/boot/vmlinuz
initrd (hd0,3)/boot/initrd.gz
My disk has 4 partitions, all primary, by this order: Windows (28Gb, NTFS), data (to transfer files to and from linux) (15Mb, FAT), SWAP (517Mb, swap), Linux (9GB, ext3)
Similar Threads
-
By istoleapig in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-19-2005, 09:28 AM
-
By Jansi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 08:31 PM
-
By hukdonfonix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By phaedral in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 02:18 AM
-
By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 03:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00