-
Can't access internet
I cannot access the internet under Knoppix.
Last night, I did a dual-booting OS procedure (i think jdong wrote it? you're awesome!) and it worked quite well. I log into my WinXP user and go onto Opera to surf the net and it works fine.
But...when I reboot into Knoppix I go into Konquerer and it gives me a network error, same with Mozilla.
Anyone know how to fix it? (thanks for any replies)
-
Senior Member
registered user
What kind of network card do you have?
-
CNet PRO200WL PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter..
-
Senior Member
registered user
You probably need to log into KDE as root, go to the Knoppix menu, and select "Network card configuration" from the "Network/Internet" menu.
(This "automagically" configured DHCP on my computer, after a hard disk install, and I only had to do it once.)
Similar Threads
-
By zedlavic in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 07:35 AM
-
By tweety77 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By ffman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 11:24 AM
-
By FelixDzerzhinsky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 11:39 AM
-
By Krazy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 02:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99

đ„ RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

đ„ RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Collection Or Lot Of Vintage Cables & Adapters Rockwell Hasp Security Dongle
$50.00

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00