I have tried many distros, and have finally decided to keep Knoppix because of the Debian system of administration.
the only thing that I can not seem to find a solution for is a "ghost" hard disk partition.
I Partitioned my hda for hda1, as one complete partition, I did not need a swap partition, I have 1 gig memory.
The system is Linux only.
Because of the several previous distro's test installs, I now have a hidden partition called "Hard Disk (root.old) mounted at /initrd.
This partition is taking 1.8 gig of my hda, and it does not show up when I edit my partitions, that is "fdisk" and the knoppix installer do not report that it exists.
I can access the partition in kde, and in a termminal, I have made changes, deleted the files on the partition, rebooted, and it is still there.
I want to empty this partition, delete it, and grow the hda1 to full size. but I cant see the partition.
help
Thanks.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95