-
Newbie Needs Help - Can't Boot Knoppix v3.3
I have downloaded and burned Knoppix 3.3 to CD and tried booting from the CD today. It looks like it is going to work, I get the Knoppix splash screen then
"Press <Return> to see video modes available, <Space> to continue or wait 30 secs"
The first time I booted from the CD, I waited - all looked well, then I eventually got a black screen (after seeing all of the following text)
The second time I booted from the CD, I pressed the Space bar to continue and received the following messages:
Autoconfiguring devices...
WARNING: Autodetection seems to hang, please check your computers BIOS settings.
Please check.
Video is (yet) unknown card, using XFree86 (vesa) Server
....several other lines of text followed by...
Automounter started for: floppy cdrom
INIT: Entering runlevel: 5
.....several lines of text that went by quickly and I wasn't able to write them down, followed by.....
After this session terminates this session will shut down
followed by a black screen.
I have the 1st boot device in my BIOS set to check the CDROM first (obviously), so I don't know why I'm getting the BIOS warning.
What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to get this working?
Similar Threads
-
By astranberg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-10-2005, 04:15 AM
-
By frugalyankee in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 01:36 AM
-
By trav618 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By MungoBBQ in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-06-2004, 03:28 PM
-
By Ken in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-10-2003, 03:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$225.00

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$295.00

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

Microcomputer Builder's Bible IMSAI 8080 Z80 ADM-3A DEC LSI-11 Altair 8800 Bus
$65.00