Hi all,
I have knoppix 3.3 as a HD install on a Dell Inspiron 1100 laptop. Took a little while to get configured so X runs (I actually have to do 'xinit' and then 'kde3' to get it started)
Now I want to hook up my USB mouse to use in addition to my touchpad. I tried changing the XF86Config file to use the mouse as well, but all that did was make my touchpad not work (thank Bob for backups!)
Could someone please tell me how I can get my Logitech USB mouse working in X?
Thanks!

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
A-tech 16GB Ddr4 Pc4-19200 Dimm/2400mhz 2rx8 1.2v 25822
$49.95
Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM
$35.00