use make.
sadly it wont work anyway, as you canot install it to the cd, ok, there are ways but...
I am new to linux and want to see if I can get my HPNA network running in Knoppix before I install a perminant distro. I download Linksys beta drivers that are supposed to work with my card (they are both PCI and use the same chipset). The installation instructions say to use gmake to install. But Knoppix doesn't have gmake! What should I do?
use make.
sadly it wont work anyway, as you canot install it to the cd, ok, there are ways but...
Use the iL_hybrid drivers and use make. Then insmod il.o. You may have to use the -f tag to force it to use it. Then type netcardconfig, and say yes to dhcp. It should work now.
You don't have to do a hard-drive install to use the HPNA with knoppix. But you need somewhere to save the il.o file so you can use it later, unless you want to compile it every time.
Knoppix works very well with HPNA.
Thanks much.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99