-
-
Well, I am the idiot that I think that I am.
When I click on the "little Penguin face" I am taken to This Volunteer "Linmodem" Project Page and that in turn takes me to the LTModem Drivers for Linux page.
Now for my next stupid question:
I don't see "Knoppix" listed, do I use the Debian GNU/Linux binary package instead? Also, how do I "install" this since I'm running a live CD? Can I run this off of a floppy or what? Aaaaaaaand.....Which Of These do I download?
I refuse to give up
-

Originally Posted by
Filbert
I don't see "Knoppix" listed, do I use the Debian GNU/Linux binary package instead? Also, how do I "install" this since I'm running a live CD? Can I run this off of a floppy or what? Aaaaaaaand.....
Which Of These do I download?
Does no one have an answer for me?
I still refuse to give up
-
Junior Member
registered user
OK. Firstly, when you download something for your Knoppix, you will want the Debian version, as Knoppix is a Debian distro.
Secondly, you won't be able to install your modem on a Live CD operation, but then, you will already have an Internet-capable OS installed already.
My suggestion is use your Windows to connect to the 'net, but if you want to HDInstall Knoppix to your PC, call back here.
Hope I've been of help!
Similar Threads
-
By White_Devil in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 07:37 PM
-
By JrBobDobbs in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2004, 09:35 PM
-
By ica in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-19-2004, 04:19 PM
-
By slicksps in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 02:49 AM
-
By Rorypyro in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72