Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix success story...

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    PEI, Canada
    Posts
    44

    Knoppix success story...

    If figured this would be an interesting thing for the knoppix community to note..

    I'm currently in grade 11 and taking an "Introduction to Computers" course, in which one of the subjects is QBasic. I never learned QBasic, but I had it all down in about a week, so I asked the teacher to see if i could teach myself Python with a knoppix CD during class time, and he said ok.

    So anyways.. I've got the basics down, now I'm messing around the PyGTK, seeing what kind of stuff I can make in that.

    It's not an original knoppix CD though.. I re-mastered it. Put on KDE 3.1, and the gtk module for python. took out open office and all the kde-i18n packages too.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Very cool. I'm glad to see that some HS teachers are willing to let students use Knoppix in the classroom too. Keep up the good work.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    We use KNOPPIX every day! I teach a preAP Computer Science class using GCC's g++ (c++) and an AP Computer Science class using GCC's gcj (java).

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    196
    Poor students, being indoctrinated with OO programming. Then again, using knoppix and all it's goodies does ease the pain a bit

Similar Threads

  1. Success Story
    By jimbo62 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 02:29 AM
  2. A Story of A Sad newbie
    By mimes in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2004, 01:11 AM
  3. A Long Story...
    By linuX-gamEr in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-18-2004, 01:37 PM
  4. A success (sort of) Story -- My Modem
    By Dr Snark in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:46 AM
  5. The story so far.........
    By Tealc in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 08:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$119.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller

$295.00