I'm running Knoppix HD install with Mozilla 1.5. In general all of my fonts look very good, Mozilla is set to use the Bitstream Vera fonts by default and they look great.
Unfortunately, any page with special math symbols (like greek letters) shows these symbols using the Beast Wars font. The symbols are chosen incorrectly as well. An example page is here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectral_theorem
Most of the page is fine, its just the math (and not even all of the math) that is bad.
I know there are better symbol fonts installed because I can see symbols, now how can I tell Mozilla to use them? Or how can I install a more complete set of fonts so certain symbols are not chosen seemingly at random?

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad E15 Gen 2 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel Core [email protected] Laptop
$220.36
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 6 14" 16GB, Storm Gray
$356.80
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 1 14" 16GB 512GB, BLACK
$218.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99
Lenovo THINKPAD L15 GEN 4 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$245.00