-
Senior Member
registered user
I'll give it a go. It did spit out errors about specific lines and hunks failing to patch, so it seemed as though I was in the right spot with the right command.
I had it wrong a couple of times too and it would just hang.
other stuff about making a 2.6 kernel for live CD-
Looks like I need to update cloop-utils to 2.01-1. Right now I have 2.00-1. This is odd because the modified Cebit version I'm using has a 2.4 and 2.6 kernel already and cloop 2.01-1 is the only version that's supposed to work with 2.6 kernels, yet I have the older version....
Anyway, so I'll have to compile new cloop modules for both my kernels, and the correct spot for them seems to be /lib/modules/kernel_version/kernel/drivers/block or is it misc?
I think all I need is cloop.o? Or do I also need the create_compressed_fs.o and extract_compressed_fs.o and if so where do they go? Looks like I need to do some grepping in my current kernel modules to find out...
I know I also have to replace the cloop modules in my two miniroot's.
And scsi drivers in them as well.
Just getting it all sorted out- Once done, I'll need to clean up. I used source from kernel.org, which is going to be way to big to keep around once I have a working kernel image and modules. I'll look at my other kernels to see what I can reomve.
Basically what in /usr/src/2.6.5 can I get rid of, and what is essential that I keep?
I'm not exactly new to building kernels, but I don't do it frequently, and knoppix has all these special extra steps... Any help from the community would be appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By koolaide187 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 10:55 AM
-
By pro-logic in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2003, 11:05 PM
-
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 10:52 PM
-
By ozfrog in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-12-2003, 09:31 AM
-
By sireasoning in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2003, 03:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99