-
Intel PCMCIA PRO/100 SR can't find network
I've got a Intel PRO/100 SR PC card network adapter [MBLA3400 C3]for a Dell notebook I "recovered" from the scrap bin.
I'm using Knoppix 3.3 from 2-16-04 and it can see the adapter as eth1 [when the USB adapter is installed] or eth0, and I can tell my Linksys router is trying to connect to the card becuse the lights on the switch and the network card are flashing that they're talking, but I can't get a network connection. I plug in the USB adapter to the same network line and everything works just fine....I can read Knoppix.net from there!
I noticed from Googling that there were issues with the intel cards, but I couldn't seem to find a solution. I see everywhere that they have built-in hardware encryption...but I couldn't find anything Linux related to adjust card settings. Worse is that I don't even have a windows laptop to try it out on to even load up the intel drivers.... can anyone else tell me what's going on?
Big thanks!!!
Similar Threads
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By ergo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 03:32 AM
-
By JmanA9 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 08:46 PM
-
By moose_knoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:48 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$334.99

Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL 14” Core i7-1165G7, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Touch
$379.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3x 15Q8X10 83N30010US 16GB 1TB SSD keybord Parts/Repair
$190.00

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99