-
Senior Member
registered user
Yikes 
No upgrade? OUCH !
I guess the next time I have to "gut and reinstall" might be the best time to go to v3.4 then.
This kind of surprises me though...
I always thought the whole reason for the Live CD was to "get you to hard drive install", and yet, as you said, it doesn't provide the ability for someone who has done this.
I thought you were supposed to use the Live CD to get comfortable on Knoppix, get excitted about it, to the point you were sold on it, and install it. Upon doing this, you truely unlock all the power of Knoppix, and Linux, and then they do something like this. I'm lost... From how version 3.4 sounds, it was designed for simply another Live CD, and not for those of us, who, walked into the "sales pitch", and installed a previous version. We've been damned for doing this, as it appears, by not providing an ability to simply "upgrade" our version to this new one.
Hmmmmmm, could this just be the "first roll out" to provide Live CD usage, and a "upgrade" will soon follow?
This is, yet another, reason, I consider using another distro - not just because it is a unstable version, but that it appears "support" is not being provided for the ones who "bought into" installing and running the distro on a hard drive. I liked the CD so much, I wanted it to be installed, and I just feel like I am getting "burned" for doing it. You can "upgrade" only so far, it seems, and yet, the important upgrades are not able to be done, unless you gut the system.
oh well, I guess I should have always considered Knoppix as a Live CD only OS [?]
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Anna in forum The Lounge
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 11:09 AM
-
By dr_azeem in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-30-2003, 01:46 AM
-
By andrei in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 03:16 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 07:01 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95