Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Noob: Can't dial with UNIWILL V.90 modem (GERICOM notebook)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2

    Noob: Can't dial with UNIWILL V.90 modem (GERICOM notebook)

    Hi,

    I don't know if this is the right place to ask for support, but I'm a real noob on linux.

    I want to use the CT-knoppix-CD on my GERICOM notebook.
    I've tried to configure my internal modem (UNIWILL V.90 Modem Ver 2.91.04) via the modem-assistant.
    On S0 and S1 I get an answer from the modem but empty values. I'm wondering about this, as under WinXP it works on COM3.
    Anyway, if I dial, the modem stops on "initializing modem".

    Any help wellcome!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    I think it's a winmodem. see http://www.linmodems.org/

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2
    Thank you for the link.
    I'll will have a closer look to this site.

    I found a linux-driver on the website of the windows-driver-manufacturer too (http://www.smlink.com)

    This guides me to my main question:
    Can I add drivers to the CD-edition without installing knoppix on hdd?
    e.g. on a floppy-disc?

    If so, how should I do this?


    Thanx again

Similar Threads

  1. Modem has to dial in twice to work?
    By brianinmaine in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:45 PM
  2. Dial-up Modem Issues. Keeps saying "Initializing Modem&
    By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
  3. modem turning off dial tone
    By waynejkruse10 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 06:10 PM
  4. Dial-up modem advice?
    By VeeDubb in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 02:41 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Juniper EX-4PST-RMK Adjustable 4-Post Rack Mount Kit NEW Factory Sealed picture

Juniper EX-4PST-RMK Adjustable 4-Post Rack Mount Kit NEW Factory Sealed

$150.00



Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules picture

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules

$599.00



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$8999.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00