I just got knoppix 3.4 with madwifi...
now it works perfect!
Hi,
I'm using Knoppix from CD. I would like to install my DLINK, so i downloaded the madwifi drivers for Atheros chips.
But when i try to load #insmod ath_pci.o i get this error message (i previous loaded wlan.o & ath_hal.o without problem
----
root@ttyp1[madwifi-20030802]# insmod driver/ath_pci.o
driver/ath_pci.o: init_module: No such device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters. You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg
----
taking a look dmesg i see
------
ath_pci: 0.8.3.2 BETA (Sam Leffler <[email protected]>)
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:09.0
ath%d: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13
ath_pci: No devices found, driver not installed.
-----------
any clue? Do you need more info? i am newbie so ask if you need something.
Is it related that doing #make install for madwifi can not write on the ramdisk?
I'm newbie in linux.
Thanks,
Gon.
I just got knoppix 3.4 with madwifi...
now it works perfect!

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08